Located just up the street from the Toronto Humane Society, Soulmutts has always focused on providing the best customer service and making sure that every dog under its care has a high energy, fun time in a safe and professional environment.
We are looking for someone who can communicate with us clearly and tell us what he/she needs to achieve success, we encourage feedback and suggestions, and we want to create a comfortable family environment with all staff members we bring in. We are looking to truly integrate a new person into our pack long term from the ground up, not just a temporary helper here and there.
We are looking for a high energy, dog loving individual to fill the role of Weekend Pack Leader. As such, your roles and responsibilities will include:
• Punctual and regular work from 9:00 am – 7:00pm Saturday & Sundays.
• Playing with and supervising the dog pack in the onsite indoor/outdoor areas.
• Ensuring a clean and safe environment for the dog pack (ie. cleaning/mopping up accidents).
• Handling any on site client pickups & drop offs.
• Driving the dog pack to/from the private park in our custom mutt-mobile (Driver’s License Required).
• Representing Soulmutts when meeting new clients at the Dog Daycare House and introducing their dogs to the pack in a safe and professional manner.
• High School Education
• Love of Dogs and Animals
• High Energy Personality
• Clear Communication Skills
• Driver’s License
• Canine First Aid Certification
Bonus but not Necessary:
• Previous Experience Working in a Professional Animal Care Environment
Keep in mind that while dogs are man’s best friend, they can also be a handful! As such:
• Energy, a love for the job and a love for dogs are a MUST. You WILL be meeting with clients!
• Dogs can be rambunctious at times when they are in a pack environment. Every pack leader must be free of any kind of fear of dogs (size/ breed) or hesitation to intervene/correct bad behavior on the spot.
• Patience and a calm demeanor are the difference between an employee and a true pack leader!
To be discussed if selected for interview. Determined based on experience. Rate is higher than minimum wage.
Please send in your resume with cover letter to email@example.com